This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
This notice applies to any online and mobile website, application and digital service ("Services") of Kit & Kin Ltd ("Kit & Kin", "we", "us" or "our").
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which Kit & Kin carries out (e.g. direct marketing). More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “Your Rights” section.
Your Personal Details
Your privacy is important to us, which is why we will never release your personal details to any company outside of Kit & Kin for their mailing or marketing purposes without your specific consent to do so, although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below. We treat all of your personal information as confidential and keep it on a secure server.
Information you give us may include:
- Personal identification information such as, your name, gender, date of birth, email address and telephone number;
- Demographic information such as postal address;
- Financial information such as credit/debit card numbers;
- Your purchase history, and any contact history we have from you, such as by email or phone;
- Whether you have completed a survey or joined our loyalty scheme;
- Your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us when you subscribe to our newsletter or set up an online account.
When We May Use Your Personal Details
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract including fulfilling any orders that you place or any orders that arise under a subscription agreement that you have taken out with us;
- To communicate with you and provide our customer services;
- To create a profile of your interests and preferences, and personalise content and advertising for you, so that you only receive content and marketing communications that are relevant to you;
- To conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests;
- To send you newsletters and other promotional material about our Services by email and text, and to use technologies to check if these have been received and opened to help make our communications relevant to you. Please note that in certain circumstances, we may be relying on our legitimate interests to send you marketing emails (see below);
- For purposes which are required by law.
Where We Rely on Legitimate Interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
Circumstances Where We May Share Your Data
We may share your data with some companies as an essential part of being able to provide our products and services to you. When we share any of your data we ensure that only the data required is shared and that it remains secure.
The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- The deletion of the data we hold about you, in specific circumstances; for example, when you withdraw consent or object, and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end.
- A computer file in a common format (CSV or similar) containing the personal data that you have previously provided to us.
- Restriction of the use of your personal data, in specific circumstances, generally while we are deciding on an objection you have made.
- That we stop processing your personal data, in specific circumstances; for example, when you have withdrawn consent, or object for reasons related to your individual circumstances.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels). Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. Note that stopping marketing messages will not prevent us from sending you service communications; so you will still receive order updates and delivery information. Similarly opting out of marketing does not stop us processing your data for analysis and profiling.
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
- Review by a director of any decision made based solely on automatic processing of your data (so where no human has yet reviewed the outcome and criteria for the decision).
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we choose not to action your request, we will explain the reasons for our refusal.
Your Right To Withdraw Consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Checking Your Identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice.
If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
Using Our Website And Your Personal Details
You do not have to provide any information to us to use this website. However, certain sections of the site or facilities within the site may not be accessible if you choose not to share essential information with us.
When you visit kitandkin.com or register for the newsletter, we will ask you to submit - and will collect - personal information from you, including: your name, email address and telephone number.
We may collect information about your internet connection and website use, e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, domain type, browser type, the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit and any search terms you entered on our website (User Information). We may collect this information from registered and unregistered users. We use this information to help us make improvements to our website and online services.
Any personal information you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any user information from which we identify you we use your information for the following purposes only:
- For statistical purposes to improve this website and the services we offer;
- To provide you with relevant content;
- To administer this website.
We may disclose your personal information and / or user information if we are asked to do so by the police or any other regulatory or Government authority investigating suspected illegal activities.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it. If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact one of our directors who will be pleased to help you:
Email us at email@example.com, or write to us at The Directors, Kit & Kin Ltd, 22 Wycombe End, Beaconsfield, Bucks. HP9 1NB